Thousand Oaks Surgery Center is seeking a Surgical Technologist to join our outstanding team. We are looking for a candidate who is compassionate, willing, enthusiastic, organized, confident, and diligent, but also loves having a little fun! We seek to provide the highest level of care for our patients, and we enjoy working with people who feel the same way!
Between our surgery center, neighboring clinical office, and administrative and billing staff, an opportunity to work here provides a unique experience in understanding the full scope of what it takes to run a surgery center. If you are a medical professional looking to advance yourself in a rewarding environment, we truly are the place for you.
We are in search of a Full Time Surgical Technologist who is looking for a challenge and an opportunity to work at multiple locations (Thousand Oaks and Santa Monica locations).
The Surgical Technologist (ST) is responsible for the provision of nursing care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the TO Surgery Center as directed by the Registered Nurse. The ST performs duties according to state board scope of practice and facility position description. The ST ensures and is responsible for the care of the patient in the surgical suite, and is responsible for the surgical instrumentation and the preparation of equipment used, as well as other related duties. The ST will be responsible for ordering and maintenance of surgical supplies. The identification of essential functions below is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties that may be assigned to this position, nor does it restrict the duties which may be assigned if such duties reasonably relate to the position.
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient’s medical care.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific responsibilities in all emergency situations.
- Demonstrates continued competence in treating, and caring for individuals based upon age-specific needs utilizing a developmental perspective.
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of sterile and un-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Knows and practices the principles and techniques of sterile technique.
- Differentiates sterilization methods required for specific instruments and equipment.
- Participates in sponge, instrument and needle count with the circulating nurse.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use autoclaves, ultra sonic cleaner and washer.
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares room supplies and equipment.
- Participates in all center activities related to Survey Readiness
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attends and participates in all applicable surgery center training and development workshops scheduled by the facility.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
- Completes appropriate financial management responsibilities.
- Participates in quarterly inventory count.
- Experience in Pain Management, Spine, ENT, and Orthopedics is required.
- Experience in purchasing is preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as Surgical Technologist
- Critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to perform work requiring frequent standing, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, moving, lifting of equipment and/or patients up to 50 lbs
- 401K plan
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Vacation time
- Sick time
This is a regular full-time position
Visit Careers at Virtuoso Medical Management, Inc.