WHO ARE WE?
Marcal, A Soundview Paper Company is a leading manufacturer of tissue products, with more than 150 years of expertise in tissue and recycled fiber-based business. The team recognizes the heritage of this historic paper company and is committed to revitalizing and growing it to create real long-term value for the company, its customers and business partners. For more than 60 years, Soundview facilities have produced a wide range of paper solutions with a commitment to stewardship of our environment. The company developed and implemented technology for recycling waste paper into pulp over six decades ago, making it one of the earliest companies in the paper products industry to “go green,” before it was fashionable.
WHO’S RIGHT FOR THE JOB?
A safety enthusiast. A team player. An analytical thinker. One who accepts a challenge. A multitasker. One who’s not afraid to get down and dirty. A go getter!
- Safely operate and monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production
- Use powered industrial trucks to move finished goods on trailers and broke to beater room
- Problem solve equipment problems; perform minor adjustments to equipment
- Assist Back Tender with roll preparation for winding and shipping
- Remove broke from underneath the paper machine
- Keep area clear of paper broke
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment and follow standardized work in a continuous improvement environment
- Maintain work area and equipment orderly at all times
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Prior machine operation experience preferred
- Lift, push and pull up to 75lbs repeatedly
- Stand and/or walk regularly for entire shift
- Available to work all shifts, weekends and overtime
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, write simple correspondence
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position