Join our team as a Pastry Cook and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Auberge family, and a team member in F & B the Pastry Cook will assist in the daily operation of the pastry/bakery area. The Pastry Cook is responsible for creating baked goods and desserts. . If you take pride in ensuring the highest quality and consistency of the dishes leaving your station, this is the role and the place for you!
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread, etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of the customers
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings, etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar, etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check the quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Operate, maintain and properly clean all bar equipment and fittings.
- Maintain an orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned
- Associate's and bachelor's degree in a culinary program or previous experience in a similar role
- Serve Safe Certification is highly appreciated
- Superior dexterity skills to operate cutting tools quickly and safely
- Keen understanding of industry-standard best cooking and preparation practices
- Familiarity with safe and sanitary food handling and preparation
- Certified in proper food handling, typically through a ServSafe Certification
- Good math skills with a clear understanding of cooking measurements
- Strong sense of smell and taste
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Great collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team. Positive, honest, and energetic work ethic.
Ability to communicate clearly in English and to read the recipe cards.
Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours and be able to lift up, push, and pull at least 50 pounds.
Our Company & Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 22 hotels and resorts and eight new hotels under development in the next 18 months, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, and social @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Blanketed with meadows of native flowers and wild woodlands, Wildflower Farms sways in rhythm with the seasons and the simple pleasures of a life lived Upstate. Ensconced by fragrant fields of wild bergamot and mountain mint, the property’s 140 arcadian acres embody Hudson Valley ease. A slow-rippling river gently embraces free-standing cabins framing clear views of the mighty Shawangunk Ridge. Crisp air, bright skies, and the melodies of Mother Nature beckon stillness and contemplation, while forested footpaths and towering cliffs call to an adventurers’ spirit. Reconnect with yourself and nature at Wildflower Farms.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Wildflower Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Wildflower Farms provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wildflower Farms complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position