Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
As a member of the food and beverage team, the Prep Cook is responsible for prepping stations in the kitchen and to support the Executive Chef and Sous Chef in the day to day operation.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the White Barn Inn standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover date all perishables
- Operate, maintain and properly clean all the kitchen equipment.
- Use safe food handling procedures and maintain a safe working environment by using proper food handling skills and food safety guidelines
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English and to read the recipe cards.
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including week-ends and holidays, according to department needs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours and be able to lift up, push, and pull at least 50 pounds.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs