Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Reservation Agent reports directly to the Director of rooms and is responsible for responding to communications from guest, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, cable, fax, or through a central reservation system.
Additional duties may include preparing the list of expected arrivals for the front office, assisting in preregistration activities when appropriate, and processing advance reservation deposits.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, cable, fax or central reservation systems referral, from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents
- Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans
- Knows the credit policy of the hotel and how to code each reservation
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing
- Determines room rates based on the selling tactics of the hotel
- Prepares letters of confirmation
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk
- Understands the hotel's policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows
- Processes advance deposits on reservations
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations
- Helps develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts
- Prepares expected arrival list for front office use
- Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate
- Monitors advances deposit requirements
- Promotes goodwill by beings courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers, and fellow employees
- Makes arrangements for clients travel programs
- Is aware of all front office procedures and assist with reception duties when required
- Willing to undertake any reasonable request made by management in any other areas of the house
- Minimum one to two years’ experience as a hotel reservation agent
- High school graduate, or equivalent
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs