Company & Property Description
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
About White Barn Inn, Auberge Resorts Collection
A beloved local landmark for over 150 years, White Barn Inn is synonymous with warm New England hospitality, rustic charm and uncompromising attention to detail. Constructed in the 1860s, White Barn Inn’s original farmhouse has offered superb hospitality since the days of the Civil War. It has operated as the White Barn Inn since 1973. In October 2018, White Barn Inn was acquired by Auberge Resorts Collection, a unique portfolio of the world’s best-loved boutique luxury hotels and resorts. Just a 90-minute drive north of Boston, the inviting property is renowned as one of the country’s most distinctive getaways and features several room types, a pool, massage and spa treatments, gardens and a prime location near the sandy beaches and classic coastal town of Kennebunkport, Maine.
Role SummaryAs a member of the Guest Services Team, a Guest Services Agent is responsible for creating an exceptional guest experience. Must be a team player, results oriented, and committed to providing outstanding customer service.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Welcome and greet Guests, ensuring a prompt and courteous service in always provided and is in line with the White Barn Inn quality and service standards
- Act as an ambassador of the White Barn Inn by providing Guests any reservation, information, amenities, area attractions, spa and dining booking, as needed
- Organize and maintain the Front Desk counter, ensuring that all materials and supplies are readily available and accessible to expedite smooth departmental out procedures
- Prepare all necessary documents, such as registration cards, spa treatments and restaurant confirmations, as well as any other item that may support efficient and timely check in processes
- Ensure that any Guest preferences (i.e. Bespoke Options and/or Experiences) are recorded on the Opera guest history page and are well introduced to the appropriately departments for follow up
- Escort guest to the room when needed
- Assist Guest during checks out process in an effective and timely manner
- Ensure correct billing arrangement is provided according to FO policies and procedures
- Is familiar with all with all White Barn Inn facilities so be able to address, assist and actively sell services to guests
- Respond promptly and tactfully to eventual Guest complaints, always providing excellent services to maintain guest satisfaction
- Make sure that any irregularities and discrepancies are recorded on the departmental log book and brought to the attention the Hotel Manager and/or MOD and/or General Manager
- Ensure that an adequate amount of money, either coins or notes, is available during the shift so to accommodate cash transactions
- Maintain excellent relationship within Front Office Department as well as other departments in the hotel
- Hospitality Certificate or Degree preferred.
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs