Company & Property Description
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
About White Barn Inn, Auberge Resorts Collection
A beloved local landmark for over 150 years, White Barn Inn is synonymous with warm New England hospitality, rustic charm and uncompromising attention to detail. Constructed in the 1860s, White Barn Inn’s original farmhouse has offered superb hospitality since the days of the Civil War. It has operated as the White Barn Inn since 1973. In October 2018, White Barn Inn was acquired by Auberge Resorts Collection, a unique portfolio of the world’s best-loved boutique luxury hotels and resorts. Just a 90-minute drive north of Boston, the inviting property is renowned as one of the country’s most distinctive getaways and features several room types, a pool, massage and spa treatments, gardens and a prime location near the sandy beaches and classic coastal town of Kennebunkport, Maine.
Role SummaryAs a team member in F&B the pastry cook will assist in the daily operation of the pastry/bakery area. The pastry cook is responsible for creating baked goods and desserts.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of the customers
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Operate, maintain and properly clean all bar equipment and fittings.
- Maintain an orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
- Associate's and bachelor's degree in a culinary program
- a minimum of 2-year experience in the same role.
- Serve Safe Certification highly appreciated.
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs