Company & Property Description
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
About White Barn Inn, Auberge Resorts Collection
A beloved local landmark for over 150 years, White Barn Inn is synonymous with warm New England hospitality, rustic charm and uncompromising attention to detail. Constructed in the 1860s, White Barn Inn’s original farmhouse has offered superb hospitality since the days of the Civil War. It has operated as the White Barn Inn since 1973. In October 2018, White Barn Inn was acquired by Auberge Resorts Collection, a unique portfolio of the world’s best-loved boutique luxury hotels and resorts. Just a 90-minute drive north of Boston, the inviting property is renowned as one of the country’s most distinctive getaways and features several room types, a pool, massage and spa treatments, gardens and a prime location near the sandy beaches and classic coastal town of Kennebunkport, Maine.
Role SummaryAs a member of the Guest Services team the valet is committed to providing outstanding customer service and will be excited by the idea of creating the exceptional guest experience.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Coordinate and supervise the activities and foster good relations with taxi service and the Airport connections;
- Provide guest transportation as required by hotel's standard operating procedures and driving the shuttle van;
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of the shuttle van;
- Provide information and assist staff in recommending area restaurants, theaters, community events, activities, etc. to ensure optimum guest satisfaction;
- Resolve guest complaints and report guest issues immediately to guest services manager;
- Maintain organization of the bell closet, oversee the receiving and shipping of all guest packages;
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the front entrance, lobby areas, and bell closet;
- Inspect all parking areas including: the hotel valet area, employee lot to ensure proper parking procedures are being followed;
- Assist with making arrangements for group parking when requested by sales
- Experience in a luxury boutique hotel.
- Hospitality or Tourism experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and customer oriented.
- Appearance must be clean and professional with a cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including week-ends and holidays, according to departmental and operational needs. Excellent customer service skills, be energetic, have attention to detail, able to multi-task in a busy environment and be a team player. Previous experience in hospitality is preferred.
- accurate and timely information and services;
- Coordinate guest service efforts to include group arrivals and departures, and guest transportation;
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the General Manager
- High school diploma
- Clean driving record
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs