Company & Property Description
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
About White Barn Inn, Auberge Resorts Collection
A beloved local landmark for over 150 years, White Barn Inn is synonymous with warm New England hospitality, rustic charm and uncompromising attention to detail. Constructed in the 1860s, White Barn Inn’s original farmhouse has offered superb hospitality since the days of the Civil War. It has operated as the White Barn Inn since 1973. In October 2018, White Barn Inn was acquired by Auberge Resorts Collection, a unique portfolio of the world’s best-loved boutique luxury hotels and resorts. Just a 90-minute drive north of Boston, the inviting property is renowned as one of the country’s most distinctive getaways and features several room types, a pool, massage and spa treatments, gardens and a prime location near the sandy beaches and classic coastal town of Kennebunkport, Maine.
Role SummaryThe Reservation Agent reports directly to the Director of rooms and is responsible for responding to communications from guest, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, cable, fax, or through a central reservation system.
Additional duties may include preparing the list of expected arrivals for the front office, assisting in preregistration activities when appropriate, and processing advance reservation deposits.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, cable, fax or central reservation systems referral, from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents
- Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans
- Knows the credit policy of the hotel and how to code each reservation
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing
- Determines room rates based on the selling tactics of the hotel
- Prepares letters of confirmation
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk
- Understands the hotel's policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows
- Processes advance deposits on reservations
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations
- Helps develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts
- Prepares expected arrival list for front office use
- Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate
- Monitors advances deposit requirements
- Promotes goodwill by beings courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers, and fellow employees
- Makes arrangements for clients travel programs
- Is aware of all front office procedures and assist with reception duties when required
- Willing to undertake any reasonable request made by management in any other areas of the house
- Minimum one to two years’ experience as a hotel reservation agent
- High school graduate, or equivalent
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs