Company & Property Description
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
A beloved local landmark for over 150 years, White Barn Inn is synonymous with warm New England hospitality, rustic charm and uncompromising attention to detail. Constructed in the 1860s, White Barn Inn’s original farmhouse has offered superb hospitality since the days of the Civil War. It has operated as the White Barn Inn since 1973. In October 2018, White Barn Inn was acquired by Auberge Resorts Collection, a unique portfolio of the world’s best-loved boutique luxury hotels and resorts. Just a 90-minute drive north of Boston, the inviting property is renowned as one of the country’s most distinctive getaways and features several room types, a pool, massage and spa treatments, gardens and a prime location near the sandy beaches and classic coastal town of Kennebunkport, Maine.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as Housekeeping Manager at the White Barn Inn in Kennebunk Maine. You will report to the Director of Rooms. You will be responsible for running of all aspects of the Housekeeping department, including forecasting and budgeting, laundry, guest rooms, front and back of the house areas to ensure adherence with cleanliness, sanitation and laundry, guest rooms, front and back of the house areas to ensure adherence with cleanliness, sanitation and health.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Organise and manage the cleaning of guestrooms in accordance to hotel standards (making beds and changing bed linen, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting, trash removal and disposal, etc.).
- Organise and supervise cleaning of hallways, lobby, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work area as required by the management.
- Check rooms upon arrival, occupied and during turndown service so to ensure linen, towels, room supplies and amenities are replenished and nicely arranged.
- Organise the staff schedule; supervise the team with a hands on approach, ensuring the correct completion of all required tasks in a timely fashion.
- Maintain close and efficient communication with maintenance team and management, in order to ensure that the hotel product is constantly kept at an excellent condition.
- Monitor stocks and perform regular inventories of all housekeeping supplies, amenities, linen and tools, making sure that staff has any necessary items to perform their assignments at their best.
- Follow and supervise safe operational procedures in regards to use of cleaning chemicals.
- Develop a positive relationship with guests and team members, whilst remaining professional and service orientated at all times.
- Implement all aspects of departmental training on the job functions.
- Recruit, schedule and train all new housekeeping staff members.
- Maintain the housekeeping budget, providing billing summaries and expenses for all pre and post events.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within Housekeeping department.
- Determines and maintains the department work schedule used to notify staff of upcoming events and ensure proper preparation and staffing for each event
- Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; makes arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
- Ensure we maintain a safe working environment.
- Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Working knowledge of rooms management systems.
- Superb organization and communication skills.
- Reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs