Join the White Barn Inn as a Lead Valet and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the rooms team you will be responsible for supervising our valet team along with meeting and exceeding the guest needs by greeting them upon arrival and departure and assisting with all guest requests.
The key responsibilities for this position are:
- Supervise daily shift processes of the valet team
- Train all valets and ensure all valet team members are following all Forbes and Auberge standards.
- Work with the Guest Service Management team to improve/change standards and processes as needed to ensure all processes are in line with exceeding guest expectations.
- Perform any duty of the Valet when needed;
- Greet and respond in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services.
- Assist with retrieving and delivering guests luggage to guest room
- Drive and park guest vehicles in a safe and efficient manner
- Provide guest transportation as required by hotel's standard operating procedures and driving the shuttle van
- Provide information and assist staff in recommending area restaurants, theaters, community events, activities, etc. to ensure optimum guest satisfaction
- Resolve guest complaints and report guest issues immediately to guest services manager
- Maintain organization of the bell closet, oversee the receiving and shipping of all guest packages
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the front entrance, lobby areas, and bell closet
- Inspect all parking areas including: the hotel valet area, employee lot to ensure proper parking procedures are being followed
- Coordinate and supervise the activities and foster good relations with taxi service and the Airport connections
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of one-year experience as a valet or bellman preferably in a luxury hotel environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays according to department needs
- Valid driver's license that meets the needs of our insurance carrier
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to drive both automatic and manual vehicles
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull at least 35 pounds
Our Company & Our Property
A beloved local landmark for over 150 years, White Barn Inn is synonymous with warm New England hospitality, rustic charm and uncompromising attention to detail. Constructed in the 1860s, White Barn Inn’s original farmhouse has offered superb hospitality since the days of the Civil War. It has operated as the White Barn Inn since 1973. In October 2018, White Barn Inn was acquired by Auberge Resorts Collection, a unique portfolio of the world’s best-loved boutique luxury hotels and resorts. Just a 90-minute drive north of Boston, the inviting property is renowned as one of the country’s most distinctive getaways and features several room types, a pool, massage and spa treatments, gardens and a prime location near the sandy beaches and classic coastal town of Kennebunkport, Maine.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The White Barn Inn is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The White Barn Inn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the White Barn Inn complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Guest Services
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position