Westland is one of the largest independent insurance brokers in Canada with over 900 employees across 80 offices throughout Alberta & BC. We have experienced rapid expansion in the past 5 years and are positioned to continue on this growth path.
The successful candidate will work to ensure that the regular operations of the network are maintained to ensure continuity of business operations. You will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing systems, and supporting services within Westland. The goal is to ensure the integrity and availability of all systems within the enterprise infrastructure, ensuring maximum performance and reliability as well as security for all users. The role will include:
- Monitoring and maintaining automated systems such as backups, batch processing systems, and alert management systems.
- Managing network and related infrastructure for Westland.
- Functioning as Tier 2 Support for issues relating to the enterprise (i.e. break / fix support as requested by the Support Desk) .
- Managing Westland’s servers, desktop and mobile equipment; ensuring that email and data storage networks work properly and making sure that employees’ workstations are working efficiently and stay connected to the central computer network.
- Installation of all network hardware and software and making needed upgrades and repairs.
- Maintaining network and computer system security and ensuring that all systems are operating correctly.
- Solving problems when a user or an automated monitoring system informs them that a problem exists.
- Maintaining a high level of industry knowledge and technical skills.
- Operating as a level 2 support (i.e. secondary escalated support).
Here’s what you bring:
- BS in computer and related certification including MS Network Engineer, MCSE, MCSD.
- 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft technical knowledge
- Understanding of security and security standards within the industry
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Well organized and self-motivated to learn
- Ability to work off hours as required to minimize disruption of services during business operational hours
What we offer:
- Base salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and company paid certifications and continuing education programs
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs