Director of Maintenance
RESICAP is the leading vertically integrated solution for institutional owners of single-family residential assets in the United States. Our services include asset acquisition and valuation, renovation and maintenance (ResiPro), new home construction (ResiBuilt), and property management (WRIPM). We operate in 34 states and 59 markets and have over 900 employees nationwide.
Why work at RESICAP? We're a company known for our innovative, adaptable, and energetic culture and we're constantly looking for employees who challenge the status quo. We were ranked #15 on the Entrepreneur 360 list, #12 on Qualified Remodeler's Top 500, and #1 for ACG's fastest-growing company in Georgia. We've also caught the attention of the AJC which named our company one of Atlanta’s Top Workplaces for two years in a row - 2018 and 2019! Join us and discover the RESICAP difference!
The Director of Maintenance will be responsible for leading the regional Maintenance Operations Managers and their respective regions to ensure that all properties post-construction are maintained within our SLA’s and at the most appropriate costs.
- Responsible for ensuring the entire life cycle of maintenance requests for occupied and vacant single-family homes are completed timely and effectively through a team of employees.
- Develop business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Monitor and manage response times, resident experience and the overall productivity and efficiency of regional maintenance teams.
- Work to internalize maintenance activities in markets with the appropriate density and volume.
- Works with regional maintenance teams to ensure all escalated issues are researched and resolved in a timely manner.
- Build a field-based management team to assure quality, cost and timeline expectations are met.
- Performs ongoing training of team on newly developed process and procedures. Educates and promotes property repair best practices.
- Point of escalation for after hours emergency requests if on call after hours Maintenance Coordinator, regional maintenance managers are unable or unavailable to resolve the request.
- Creates and maintains daily, weekly and monthly metrics for the department and team.
- Analyzes key metrics, daily and weekly reports, and performance indicators to identify areas of focus and necessary improvements.
- Create efficiencies through process and technology enhancements.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain a competitive advantage.
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics.
- Directs department operations (e.g. budgeting, safety programs, OSHA I TOSHA, site repairs/construction, preventive maintenance, etc.) for the purpose of providing services within established time frames and in compliance with related requirements.
- Performs personnel functions (e.g. interviewing, evaluating, supervising, counseling, disciplining, directing, training, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of personnel and achieving objectives within budget.
Job Requirements (including education)
Demonstrate strong capability to manage a team. This involves coaching, encouraging and managing the resource in meeting their goals and company goals
Has a thorough and detailed understanding of processes and can coach team to follow existing processes
Ability to represent the company to residents, vendors and team in a courteous and professional manner
Uses analytical and critical thinking for incoming inquiries to identify root causes of issues and make recommendations for resolution
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience responding to customer emails
High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Strong problem-solving skills and data analysis abilities
Able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Adaptable to feedback and requested changes
Excellent interpersonal skills, genuinely friendly and approachable
Strong customer service skills
Able to work a flexible shift and hours including weekends
Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner
Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and Internet applications
Bilingual is a plus
10+ years of experience in leading teams in the maintenance field
4-year college degree or equivalent relevant experience
This is a management position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs