Allied Community Services, human services/social services non-profit agency in North Central Connecticut is looking for creative and energetic staff to provide assistance to very independent individuals with disabilities in their own home and in the community. Paid meals, mileage and activities while working in the community. Varied weekday, weekend hours.
JOB DETAILS: Direct Support Professional - Community Supports - Life Skills
- Per diem, entry level social work position, varied day, evening and weekend hours. Paid meals, mileage and activities while working in the community.
- Provides training and assistance to very independent adults with disabilities according to the Individual's Program Plan
- Serves as a role model to the individual supported
- Assists with learning, improving, and/or retaining life skills
- Documents all activities according to provided guidelines
- Provides transportation using own car (paid mileage) during program hours.
- Demonstrates clear and concise writing and report skills.
- Exhibits professionalism interacting with people with disabilities and family members.
- Ability to complete work related tasks in a complete and timely.
- Establishes and maintains healthy positive relationships with persons with disabilities.
- Ability to make recommendations and implement behavioral interventions for persons with behavioral challenges.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- High school diploma/G.E.D, 21+ years of age and clean driving record required.
- Provides a history of reliable work habits.
- Available to work on a flexible schedule.
- Top consideration given to those with motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a per diem position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs