CPP-Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry and has been in business for over 70 years. We have over 275 employees currently working in our Chittenango, NY facility.
We are currently looking for an experienced individual for our Material Lab. Current opening is for an experienced Materials Lab Manager.
Materials Lab Manager will be responsible for day to day operations of all laboratory related functions and personnel. Responsible for developing procedural standards and a comprehensive training program for lab technicians, in order to achieve and maintain a world-class laboratory that exceeds customer requirements. Will provide technical leadership in the fields of chemistry and metallurgy to support Operations and Engineering. Will be the single point of authority preparing for and completing required audits or certifications.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ability to operate all lab equipment, interpret the results, and provide guidance based on the data
- Work closely with lab technicians to insure all specifications and procedures are understood and followed
- Establish and maintain lab practices that exceed customer requirements
- Operate the laboratory in an environment that utilizes LEAN & Six-Sigma principles
- Research and understand the latest lab processes, techniques and equipment – recommending changes as needed in order to ensure CPP maintains an industry leading laboratory
- Lead project efforts that result in significant improvements to our current technical capabilities and/or cost reductions
- Provide necessary education to internal and external customers to enable a better understanding of the processes
- Interface with the Manufacturing personnel regarding defect identification, root cause, and effective corrective action.
- Provide technical support to Sales and the Business Units during part quotations and the review of drawings and specifications as needed.
- Provide technical support and conduct all necessary customer and supplier communications dealing with metallurgical issues of product. Service the customer needs in the areas of metallurgical questions and concerns and general good will.
- Education: MS in Metallurgy/Materials Engineering or BS in Chemistry is desirable but not required, other engineering disciplines will be considered based on experience/education.
- Experience: Familiarity with the investment casting industry and related processes, experience with stainless steel, cobalt, and nickel alloy systems, metallography, SEM, and other defect analysis methodology, previous experience in a NADCAP / AS9100 accredited laboratory is desirable. Knowledge of LIMS is also desirable.
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized life insurance. CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs