The Advancement Coordinator is an integral part of the Office of Mission Advancement, with major responsibility interacting with donors, parents, alumni, faculty/staff, and volunteers via special events, annual appeals, and other advancement activities. The Advancement Coordinator supports and strengthens the mission of Saint Joseph High School to transform students in heart and mind, preparing them to serve God, the Church and the world.
- Manage advancement-related events and activities to foster meaningful connections to Saint Joseph High School. Events include Back-to-School Night, Open House, Annual Fund, Giving Days and Spring Auction; and may include other events such as scholarship receptions and golf outings.
- Actively solicit business and individual donations for specific events.
- Coordinate the gift acknowledgement process (collection, recording, reporting, etc), ensuring accurate data collection and timely recognition of gifts. Prepare and send IRS tax letters, and make thank you calls to donors as specified by the director.
- Manage constituent records and work to ensure accuracy and consistency of the database. This includes but is not limited to: transitioning graduates to alumni; current parents to alumni parents; address verification; reunion information.
- Produce and distribute regular donor correspondence on all outstanding gifts. May be asked to compose email, direct mail or online appeals.
- Prepare reports for school leadership and advancement committee, specifically reports related to giving levels, wealth prospects, weekly gifts, past due reports, and other queries as needed. Run mailing labels and contact lists in advance of appeals or events.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Report.
- Assist with prospect research.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Saint Joseph High School.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Mission Advancement or the Principal.
The successful candidate will have exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills; possess superior attention to detail; be team-oriented and mission driven; demonstrate skill at database management, utilizing spreadsheets and analyzing data; be able to work independently and as part of a team; willingness to work nights or weekends when necessary for events.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Saint Joseph High School is a plus.
The Advancement Coordinator reports to the Director of Mission Advancement and works alongside the Alumni Coordinator, Director of Enrollment, and Director of Marketing and Communications. The Advancement Coordinator maintains positive working relationships with the School Board, donors, the parent group, and other constituents of Saint Joseph High School.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and professional references when you apply.
If you have questions, please contact Rachel Potter at email@example.com or 574-232-1140.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs