Under the direction and supervision of the McLennan County Reintegration Program Manager, provides services to justice involved clients to include assessment, treatment planning, case coordination, crisis intervention and referrals. Caseworker will maintain required documentation per community standards for Mental Health Community Services, as well as client and program records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations, grant requirements, etc.
Caseworker will work under direction and supervision of the McLennan County Reintegration Program Manager with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment in carrying out details of the work.
Caseworker will implement a client-centered case management approach, working with individuals who are currently incarcerated and/or have been released from custody and who require immediate supports due to a lack of resources and opportunities in the current economy in order to support a successful reentry to the community. Working closely with the and Jail Diversion Team, the Caseworker will conduct intakes and assessments and provide direct assistance, information and referrals to the community; develop individual action plans that are outcomes based and provide continued support and follow-up to enhance individual success and substantiate outcomes reporting. The Caseworker will also be responsible for data collection, casework documentation, and database entry along with summary reporting. Assistance to other members of the team will be provided as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and basic computer knowledge for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Local travel to consumer homes and other community settings
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, psychology or related field with ability to obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional credentialing Required
- 1 year of case management preferred
- Experience working with incarcerated females Preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with other as needed
Salary: $35,000-$37,450 DOQ
Location: 2010 LaSalle Ave. Waco, TX
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Department: 2010 LaSalle Ave #B Waco, Texas
This is a full time position