Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network provides a quality work environment for all current and potential employees. We recognize the importance of having employees who enjoy where they work and whose main goal is to care for the people we serve. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment improving the lives of people in your community by providing exceptional service in behavioral healthcare and developmental disabilities, apply today to join our team. Our goal at Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network is to promote an environment of quality customer service in which staff work with pride, integrity, and commitment, and are valued for their individual worth and contribution.
As a Medical Billing Specialist, the responsibilities included collecting, posting, and managing patient account payments. Also submitting patient claims to insurance companies and following up on the claims with insurance companies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Experience with revenue cycle management and billing for commercial and Medicaid plans with claim submission, payment posting, etc.
- Experience working with electronic medical record
- Experience working with clearinghouses and payor portals
- Knowledge of the denials, corrections, and appeals process
- Healthcare billing and insurance experience required.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with EOB's, CPT & ICD codes, health insurance claims, authorizations/referrals highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish goals in a dynamic environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- An aptitude for problem-solving, patience and flexibility while working in the complex industry of healthcare revenue cycle.
- Ability to comfortably navigate a technology-focused setup to efficiently complete assigned work (multiple monitors + several applications open simultaneously).
Hours: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM M-F
Salary: $34,153.00 - $16.42 per hour
Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
12 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) eligible after 3 months
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings) **Certain Requirement Needed**
Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network is a qualified local government entity that may qualify employees for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Plan (subject to certain requirements and guidelines being met by the employee based on this government program). There is no guarantee of this program for all employees. EOE
This is a full time position