Summer internships begin Early Spring 2023
Retail Management Interns are our sidekicks to our managers. These candidates will have excellent customer service skills, an eye for detail, and are comfortable with basic retail operations. They will assist out Managers during our busiest season, May-September. In this role, you will gain valuable Retail Management experience while having fun working at the beach. This experience will give you unique internship opportunity while also enjoying the coastal environment, waterways, and culture of the Outer Banks. This application is for OBX only.
• Commitment to 12 week internship and flexible availability: nights, weekends and holidays
• Commitment to customer service through great teamwork and communication skills
• Dedication to excellence demonstrated by taking initiative and increasing product knowledge.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This is a full time seasonal position up to 40 hours per week. Workdays/shifts will vary.
General expectations and opportunities include:
- Promotion of Kitty Hawk Kites/Kitty Hawk Surf Co. through advertising and activities to increase sales and productivity.
- Learn the operations of a seasonal retail business.
- Learn the basic responsibilities of retail managers including scheduling, payroll procedures and supervising employees.
- Generate and share daily, weekly and monthly sales goals and develop strategies to meet and exceed them.
- Customer Service which includes: Greet and assist all customers, customer awareness, engaging customers, answering phones, passing out brochures, and a willingness to help customers with a variety of tasks, as needed.
- Keep a positive attitude and enthusiasm for customer service.
- Retail Sales and service.
- Operate POS system for the sales of merchandise, rentals, and bookings.
- Inventory/fold-hang-security tag/merchandise all new stock.
- Clean and maintain store and merchandise including: vacuum, dust, clean glass, sweep, and straighten all merchandise. Inspect and maintain all rental equipment. Keep store neat and orderly.
- Willingly help out with a variety of tasks as needed by supervisor.
• Competitive wages
• Bonuses and incentives available
• Paid training
• Free recreation including hang gliding, kite boarding and kayaking
• up to 40% discount on merchandise
• Company sponsored cookouts and events
• Housing priority is given to interns and visa students
* Housing is limited
• Fun work environment and summer at the beach!
Kitty Hawk Kites, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Kitty Hawk Kites
This is a non-management position
This is an internship position