Purpose: The Schnake Turnbo Frank internship program integrates participants into the public relations and management consulting process. At the end of the semester, STF interns have garnered hands-on experience in the field including assisting with research, project planning and plan implementation for a variety of clients.
Qualifications: Preference is given to those who have completed at least two years in college studying public relations, journalism, marketing, communications or a related field. Strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills are required. Knowledge of AP writing style, basic graphic design skills, social media platforms and experience with the Microsoft Office suite are also required.
Job Description: Interns will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Conduct research and maintain databases on an assortment of projects. Examples include maintaining media lists, tracking media results, maintaining resource library, obtaining vendor bids and conducting online research.
- Assist staff in managing a variety of client projects. May include everything from special events and media relations to proofreading and copywriting.
- Participate with staff to brainstorm ideas and develop creative concepts for current and potential clients.
- Participate in client meetings.
- Provide a limited amount of administrative support
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours: Interns can expect to work 10-20 hours per week.
Wages: Interns receive an hourly wage and are paid bi-weekly. College credit may also be available through your university intern coordinator.
This is a non-management position
This is an internship position