Chief Financial Officer
Department: Business Services
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Salary Grade: 9 – Exempt
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is primarily responsible for directing the fiscal function of the council in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulations, while serving as the top finance position for the council. Accountable for assisting the CEO in the sound financial control and management of the council’s financial operations. Provides financial guidance and advice to both the CEO and board of directors by recommending actions and alternatives consistent with council financial policy. Develops and maintains council-wide budgeting, financial planning, control, accounting, and reporting policies and practices. Also responsible for all council shared services including information technology, print shop, and retail. This role also provides strategic oversight to the council’s product sales program. This position is designated as safety sensitive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops financial strategies and accounting policies and makes recommendations to the CEO and board of directors as to their implementation.
- Oversees the day-to-day maintenance of the council’s general ledger and related accounting practices, including payables, receivables, inventories, fixed assets, and payrolls.
- Prepares income, balance sheet and cash flow statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Provides oversight of and strategic input to the annual product sale programs. Ensures accurate and timely reporting, reconciliation of cash received and processing bad debts and returned checks from sales.
- Provides oversight of and strategic input to the retail shop operations. Ensures accurate reporting of daily sales as well as reconciling daily bank deposits and processing returned checks from sales.
- Develops and executes Information Technology strategy, manages the third-party vendor contract, oversees software implementation, maintenance and upgrades, and monitors hardware.
- Oversees council’s Information Technology (IT) program, including interaction and maintenance of relationship with MSP.
- Annually evaluates council’s insurance policies, Property, Liability, Worker’s Comp., D&O and negotiates policies with agent.
- Works closely with human resources on benefits administration, including group medical, dental, life, short term disability, retirement and long-term disability, and 403b Thrift Plan. Serve as back up to staff for preparation of biweekly payroll.
- Completes financial reporting for the Tulsa Area United Way and grant applications.
- Leads the preparation of the annual budget. Ensures all department budgets are reflective of known expenses and revenue. Consults with the finance committee and the board of directors in the budget approval process. Prepares monthly variance analysis and develops new forecasts as directed by the CEO.
- Provides direction for the Cookie Program and Fall Products Program, including interaction/negotiation with baker/vendor.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8-10 years of experience in financial management, including supervision.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- High degree of proficiency in database and accounting computer application systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to exercise discretion/good judgment handling confidential/sensitive information.
Physical and Schedule Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
NOTE: The essential job functions and associated mental and physical requirements describe the general nature and level of the work performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive listing or be inclusive of all aspects of the job. The tasks and procedures involved in the performance of the essential job functions may vary from day-to-day. Major changes in areas of responsibility may occur, as directed by management, and will require revision of this job description.
Visit Careers at Schnake Turnbo Frank