Do Something Meaningful, Work for Allied! We're looking for an individual with experience in payroll and general bookkeeping, and with the ability to work with our automated accounting system.
JOB DETAILS -- Accounting Assistant
- Full Time. Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Work location: East Windsor, CT
- Entry level position at Allied Community Resources, Inc.
- Provides data entry of all aspects of payroll, including system setup, tax and other changes
- Communicates with employees regarding incomplete information, such as direct deposits, tax forms and other information
- Sets up direct deposit and pre-notes
- Assists with monthly closings, reconcililes GL Accounts.
- Documents work tasks, information and activities
- Experience in payroll and general bookkeeping. Good analytical skills.Ability to work with automated accounting system.
- Associate degree in Accounting or other business-related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy in the completion of complex accounting tasks
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with co-workers and outside contacts with a high level of respect, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple-priorities
- Demonstrates and operates at all times under Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time Off
- Affordable Health and Dental Insurance
- Extensive Inservice Training Program
- Proven Track Record of Promotion from Within
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contribution
- Free Life Insurance
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at alliedgroup.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please click below to use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs