Allied Community Services is looking for a part time Staff Training Coordinator. The Training Coordinator provides and documents all staff education required by the State of Connecticut Department of Developmental Services along with supplemental agency required education. This position is located in Enfield, CT. This is a part time, 30 hour/week position that includes benefits like affordable health insurance, generous vacation, paid holidays and sick leave. Click to see more information!
JOB DETAILS - Special Needs Staff Educator
- Part Time position in Enfield, CT
- Prepares and conducts training programs for employees and community members.
- Formulates teaching curricula utilizing knowledge of the specified departmental training needs, and using training methods i.e. group instruction, lecture, multi- media, role plays, and demonstrations.
- Develops teaching aids, such as demonstration models, multimedia presentations, handouts and reference works.
- Conducts general or specialized training sessions covering specific areas, such as employee orientation, health and safety training, CPR, First Aid and others as assigned.
- Maintains a computer database of training sessions conducted and attendees, and generates periodic reports regarding timeliness and effectiveness of training.
- Coordinates the construction of the periodic training session calendar coordinating both internal and external resources.
- High school diploma required.
- Teaching experience in human services or related field, college degree or equivalent experience highly preferred.
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Top consideration given to those with related experience & motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
- Demonstrates a high level of commitment to helping persons with disabilities
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with co-workers with a high level of respect, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple-priorities
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time Off
- Affordable Health Insurance Available
- Proven Track Record of Promotion from Within
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contribution
- Free Life Insurance
$32,000 - $35,000/year
Apply via our online application, below. Thanks for your interest in Allied Community Services, Inc.
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs