Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has a need for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team reporting to the Operations Manager. This position provides engineering support to Dip line/Shell manufacturing areas to address processes; techniques and related issues to speed up/enhance production, efficiency, and safety of the production of casted parts.
Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers
- Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
- Establish time standards and enhance productivity by implementing changes that conduce to better work practices.
- Enhance cost reduction, quality and throughput by analyzing manufacturing process flows continually.
- Develop and design the manufacturing processes for the enhancements, and lead the lean manufacturing program.
- Interacts with Manufacturing Managers and Business Unit team, working to implement identified changes to manufacturing processes, techniques, fixtures/tools, and elimination of re-work to allow for more efficient production of parts.
- Assesses changes required in the production of parts and develops ways to sustain and continuously improve all implemented ideas.
- Determines best practices/processes to improve workmanship, productivity and efficiency of operators on the floor.
- Looks for areas of constraint, production slowing issues and makes suggestions to speed up processes and production.
- May assist production engineering in problem solving of quality issues as it relates to the manufacturing or processing of parts.
- Collect the standard times, tabulate the data and coordinate with production control to input the new standards in the system review and modify the shop routers accordingly in conjunction with the Engineering and Quality Control departments.
- Prepare manufacturing plans (route sequence) BOM’s and coordinate changes with Quality Assurance.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Experience: 1-2 years or relevant work experience in manufacturing environment. Preference to Investment Casting Experience
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High level of mechanical aptitude, lean manufacturing knowledge, systematic problem solving or Root Cause Analysis experience.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Able to take action in solving problems with exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Leadership and Teamwork: Able to complete projects by facilitating effective team work and empowering employees to understand, own, and control the process.
With nineteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal (DS/SC) castings, investment casting (superalloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. We are an AS9100 registered company. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs