Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for an experienced EQ Process Engineer to join our team! This position reports to the Engineering Manager at our plant in Eastlake, OH. The EQ Process Engineer is a key member of engineering team. Experience process/mechanical engineers with foundry experience are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers.
Work cooperatively in a team environment to develop robust manufacturing processes to support the company’s growth in the industrial and aircraft/aerospace casting markets, with emphasis on equiaxed aircraft/aerospace blades, vanes, vane segments and (360 degree) wheels investment castings from nickel-based superalloys.
Develop, maintain, and teach “best practice” investment casting procedures and practices to ensure CPP business objectives are satisfied.
Identify problems, generate alternatives, and implement solutions to problems that affect yield, rework, and overall quality of the product using a standardized approach.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Develop the overall metallurgical casting process from gating design to establishing casting parameters.
Interpret customer specifications relative to establishing internal written NDT specifications.
Use various data analysis techniques (statistical, mathematical, DOE, 6 Sigma, etc.) to uncover and attack variables in the process that are not maintained in a controlled fashion.
Identify, evaluate and implement new process technologies that will extend manufacturing and product capabilities.
Document work procedures and processes.
Work closely with other departments to ensure organization objectives are achieved.
Yield per specifications per job.
Scrap and rework reductions per specifications per job.
Adherence to established project timelines.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS & LEADERSHIP
Quality Manager and staff
- Education: BS in Engineering or related technical field
- Experience: 5-10 years of applicable experience in equiaxed investment castings in nickel & cobalt based superalloys for aircraft/aerospace applications. Candidate must be fluent with the use of solidification modeling to assist with process development
- Certifications/Licenses: None
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledgeable in metallurgy, superalloy solidification basics and basic metallographic knowledge to interpret alloy phases and conditions. Working knowledge of solidification modeling. Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Principles. Able to interpret customer drawings and models. Able to use CAD functionality: NX or Solidworks and related software. Good written communication skills. Good verbal communication skills. PC skills and program management skills. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and documentation skills. Creativity.
- Working Environment: Office Environment, shop floor
- Physical Demands: Sitting/Standing for extended periods of time. Able to lift up to 20lbs. Extended periods of time using a computer screen. Extended periods of time using a keyboard. Lift. Grasp. Squeeze. Hold. Walk. Able to withstand extreme heat. Able to withstand extreme cold.
- Travel Requirements: up to 20% on occasion
- Required PPE: Check for required PPE in areas you may be working in
- Safety Glasses: Needed in all areas of the plant.
- Steel toe shoes: Needed in all areas of the plant.
- Ear protection
- With twenty-two facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and sub-assemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally equiax castings, investment casting (super alloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. We are an AS9100 registered company. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/careers
Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs