Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for an experienced Process Engineer to join our team! This position reports to the Plant Manager at our plant in Rancho Cucamonga, California. The Process Engineer is a key member of engineering team. Experience process/mechanical engineers with foundry experience are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers.
- Develop, maintain, and teach “best practice” investment casting procedures and practices.
- Use problem solving tools and techniques to reduce and or eliminate related scrap issues.
- Responsible to develop the overall metallurgical casting process from gate design to establishing casting parameters
- Must be able to interpret customer specifications relative to investment casting process.
- Knowledgeable in metallurgy, solidification basics and basic metallographic knowledge a plus
- Identifying and attacking process yields using various data analysis techniques (statistical, mathematical, DOE, 6 Sigma, etc.) to uncover variables in the process that are not maintained in a controlled fashion.
- Working knowledge of solidification modeling
- Able to interpret customer drawings and models
- Good written communication skills are required to develop internal job instructions
- Identify, evaluate and implement new process technologies that will extend manufacturing and product capabilities.
- Document work procedures and processes.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organization objectives are achieved.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Improve Labor Utilization and Reduce Cost.
- BS in Engineering or related technical field
- 3-5 years of applicable experience
- Strong communication skills, PC skills and program management skills.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and documentation skills.
- Proven success in process improvements using mathematical and statistical problem-solving techniques to identify process variations in manufacturing with many independent variables.
- The successful candidate’s career will show increasing levels of responsibility.
- Assertive, energetic, self-starting, risk-taker with the ability to break through historical barriers and paradigms for out-of-the-box, data driven problem solving techniques.
With nineteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal (DS/SC) castings, investment casting (super alloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. We are an AS9100 registered company. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs