To construct the most complex and all standard cores under general supervision consistent with established and accepted standards of quality and quantity. (Includes operation of the Machines in the Mold areas).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Organized parts, and/or tools such as coreboxes, chills, rods, loose pieces, locators or wires necessary to complete assigned jobs and checks all documentation (Work Instructions, special instructions, etc.) to help ensure the best possible results.
- Sets up and operates machines in Airset and Cold Box consistent with established procedures and/or application of specialized knowledge in the construction of the most complex and complicated sand cores.
- Removing all loose pieces from the core, placing all loose pieces, vent rods, risers, etc., in the box, pushing box toward next operation and stacking cores on skids or rollers.
- Constructs the most complicated and complex pipes and cores consistent with established procedures and application of specialized knowledge related to pipe making and oil core construction.
- Performs basic entry level coremaking and duties as established for the coremake areas, including rapping core box to loosen pieces and risers, pulling out risers and vent rods and placing the proper core plate on the core box.
- Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Ability to work overtime
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL TASKS
Standing, Frequent Lifting, Stopping, and Reaching, Walking
Airset sand mixers Draw Machines Hoists Transfer Cart Vertical Coremake Machine Horizontal Coremake Machine Shooter Coremake Machine Coldbox sand mixer Wheelabrator Chill Oven
Working Environment: Indoor working environment within various areas of a foundry facility Required PPE: PEE varies throughout the plant, check with area Supervisor to ensure proper PPE is being used Safety Glasses: Needed in all areas of the plant Steel toe shoes: Needed in all areas of the plant Hearing protection required in Cold Box and Air set
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required Experience: N/A Certifications/Licenses: N/A Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Manufacturing Industry (Aerospace is a PLUS)
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs