Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our team. This position reports to the Plant Controller at our plant in Bloomington, MN and is responsible for developing vendor relationships and negotiating pricing agreements for the purpose of purchasing and managing all materials and supplies for the CPP-Minneapolis Operation. The Purchasing Manager plays a critical role in cost containment and ensuring all necessary items and supplies are in stock to meet our customers’ needs throughout the manufacturing process. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and be a part of a growing company that has been in business for over 100 years!
- Purchase and manage all direct and indirect materials for the Minneapolis facility including projects by obtaining and negotiating favorable quotes throughout the bidding phase and purchasing process. Work with Maintenance and Engineering to finalize the purchasing phase of CAPEX projects
- Obtaining, documenting, and tabulating quotes on items covered by existing contracts and researching and resolving discrepancies with suppliers
- Monitoring frequency of purchases and implementing options to increase effectiveness of purchasing power
- Work closely with department leaders to ensure supplies and raw materials are procured to meet the needs of our end customers
- Responsible for providing leadership to the Buyer and Receiving Attendant which includes performance management, staff development and coaching & mentoring
7+ years previous experience in a professional Purchasing/Procurement role with progressive responsibility required for this position
3+ years in a leadership role required
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline required
Familiarity with ITAR/EAR & Small Business Subcontract compliance in the supplier management process preferred
Strong written, verbal, & presentation communications skills
Ability to manage the overlapping needs of our facility in a timely fashion, working closely with internal Operations teams
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs