ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Direct and coordinate assigned staff to achieve goals with a timely and cost-effective strategy to meet safety, quality, production, and delivery metrics while driving continuous improvements across key plant objectives.
- Achieves highest safety levels for the plant and achieve highest levels of internal and external customer service
- Manage adherence to TOC Throughput targets
- Drive TOC constraint management methodologies.
- Manage Milestone inventory levels to maintain steady flow.
- Development and management of training programs.
- Development and management of department Quality Audit systems.
- Responsibility for corrective action implementation for operational non-conformances.
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement efforts through LEAN, TOC, Six Sigma and Reliability-Centered Maintenance methodologies
- Continuous improvement plan to be focused upon: safety, quality, variable cost, equipment utilization, labor productivity, material cost and energy usage.
- Coordinate and arrange support for production work centers.
- Aggressive approach to problem solving.
- Working on specified projects and being accountable for their successful completion.
- Preparing and maintaining budgets as needed.
- Interact with various clients in a professional manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses in order to build and develop employee and management team.
- Establish goals, performance targets, and performance standards for the production functions. Measure the production function on achievement of goals, performance targets, and performance standards.
- Develop processes and methods for creating and maintaining an organized, clean, high performing manufacturing facility.
- Motivate supervisors and employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Maintain high levels of communication with the workforce regarding the status of the business and key operational plans and/or initiatives.
- Promote, monitor, and ensure a safe work environment.
- Maintain a clean, organized facility.
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures.
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management.
- BS/ BA (engineering discipline preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years manufacturing / metal forming – casting experience required.
- Ability to motivate people, particularly a production workforce.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- LEAN Manufacturing concept implementation experience preferred
- Exposure to and understanding of Theory of Constraints throughput and inventory management preferred
- Exposure to Six Sigma variability analysis techniques preferred.
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to focus operational teams on improving performance against customer & shareholder expectations.
- Lead with high integrity and strong values that focus on positive employee relations and continually improving environmental, health and safety performance.
- Display leadership capability to assess situations and make appropriate decisions in a timely manner.
- P&L budget management.
- Ability to understand and execute on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical mind-set and ability to understand and organize data.
- Strong technical background in foundry and aerospace industry is a plus.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs