Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate opening for a qualified Maintenance Mechanic to join our team! Associate will work under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor. Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the mechanical maintenance activities, as well as electrical repairs, on all manufacturing process equipment throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the production equipment throughout the plant.
- Responsible for performing adjustments and assisting the operators with problems with the different machines to improve quality and efficiency of the lines during change over.
- Responsible for monitoring the production lines and addressing any abnormal condition(s) of the machines.
- Responsible for working with equipment operators in monitoring all safety items on the machines and keeping these in optimal operating condition.
- Responsible for performing major Preventative Maintenance activities on the production lines according to the work orders generated with his/her name.
- Responsible for performing maintenance activities with co-worker.
- Responsible for communicating with production personnel regarding status of the lines.
- Will provide training and technical guidance to lower level personnel.
- Maintains records within designated logbook/CMMS, of repairs as well as parts and components consumed by the equipment.
- Independently performs all assignments with minimal to no instructions as to the general results expected.
- Responsible for ordering parts or spares with appropriate follow up as needed.
- Perform other duties and functions as dictated by the needs of the department and plant.
- Practices company safety, quality policies and procedures, actively requires conformance.
- Responsible for working with the established GMP Procedures.
- Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- May be assigned to other job tasks.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficient knowledge and ability in electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues.
- Strong attention to detail with high degree of accuracy and precision.
- Flexible to work any shift as needed
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma a must, some college/vocational education a plus.
- 3 years of experience with preventative maintenance of equipment, electrical systems and structures using blueprints, diagrams, manuals and written instructions while adhering to safety guidelines.
- Certifications/Licenses: Vocational training certification preferred.
- Forklift license required (will certify in house)
- Welding certifications required - if applicable.
Must be able to read and interpret in English.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs