Human Resources Generalist
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
Supports operational and business goals by providing a broad range of Human Resources services to managers, supervisors and employees, including: recruiting, training, employee relations, policy interpretation, organizational development, benefits, wellness and regulatory compliance and administration.
Recruiting (Primary Function)
- Works with department managers to identify staffing needs
- Develops and executes recruiting strategies that ensure a fair and equitable process
- Coordinates recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt employees, internships and temporary staffing
- Provides full cycle recruiting and hiring support, including advertising, interviewing, employment offers and new-hire orientation
- Maintains recruitment records and applicant tracking
- Manages affirmative action and equal employment opportunity plans and required tracking
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Performs benefits orientation to include assistance with enrollment and communicating benefit information to employees
- Works with employees and supervisors to educate in all aspects related to FMLA and Personal Leave of Absence.
- Promotes an inclusive workplace by advising managers and supervisors on employee relations issues; including conflict resolution, performance improvement and related matters consistent with HR policy and practice
- Conducts investigations into employee complaints, harassment allegations, and other violations
- Assists in reviewing policies, programs and practices to insure value, compliance, fairness of application and effectiveness
- Maintains positive employee relations through communication, support and administration of the performance management system
- Participates in the creation and delivery of in-house training programs, including FMLA, interviewing, harassment, etc.
- Manages termination process, including conducting and evaluating exit interviews, turnover, etc.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Regular and reliable punctuality and attendance as an essential function
- Ability to work at the either Albany facility
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
- Accuracy and timeliness of completed work
- Adherence to federal/state laws & regulations
- Time to fill open positions
Key Relationships & Leadership:
- Director of Human Resources – Reports to this position
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent & bachelors’ degree in Human Resources Management or related field required
- Experience: 2+ years Generalist experience
- Certifications/Licenses: PHR/SHRM-CP strongly preferred
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Attention to detail, ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), ability to work with others through complex situations
- Working Environment: Indoor working environment within various areas of a foundry facility/office environment
- Physical Demands: Sitting/standing, using a computer screen, keyboard and mouse for extended periods of time, ability to lift up to 20lbs, walking
- Travel Requirements: Varies from 5-10%
- Will support both Albany Titanium Group facilities in Albany, OR (Selmet, Inc. and Pacific Cast Technologies)
- Required PPE: PPE varies throughout the plant, check with area Supervisor to ensure proper PPE is being used
- Safety Glasses: Needed in all areas of the plant
- Steel toe shoes: Needed in all areas of the plant
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs