***Prior industry experience preferred. If you were a Selmet/PCT employee under CPP and were part of a reduction in force, and you are rehired within 2 years, you will immediately regain your adjusted service date. ***
The Welder II role TIG welds in a chamber under argon atmosphere on titanium castings for the aerospace industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Titanium TIG welding in chamber to repair castings, following all applicable procedures.
- Using tools such as calipers, profile templates, etc., to accurately repair castings.
- Technical weld repair on project castings
- Fab/window/core welds.
- Working with your team on rework plans to make castings conform to specification.
- Using grinder to shape tungsten.
- Load and unload castings from chamber.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have previously certified in the Welder I role.
- Must pass welding test within 4-6 weeks of being in position.
- Ability to perform technical welds, such as: key-hole, puddle, fab/window/core welding, etc…
- Must pass an annual eye exam.
- This position requires ability to bend, lift, push, and pull (to place castings in and out of the tank).
- Must have basic high-school level math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use small, fine tools.
- Good attendance record required.
- Requires continuous mental and/or visual attention to detail.
- Able to understand measurements; read and use measurement tools correctly.
- Able to work as a team player and be self-motivated.
- Able to read, understand, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at previous or recent employer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- The job is performed under reasonably good working conditions with some exposure to noise, temperature, and machinery.
- Swing Shift
- Overtime available as needed.
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs