This is a non-management position
- Provide engineering support to Manufacturing areas to address process, techniques and related issues to speed up/enhance production, speed of processes, efficiency, and safety of the production of casted parts.
- Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
- Establish time standards and enhance productivity by implementing changes that conduce to better work practices.
- Enhance cost reduction, quality and throughput by analyzing manufacturing process flows continually.
- Develop and design the manufacturing processes for the enhancements, and lead the lean manufacturing program
- Interacts with Manufacturing Managers and Business Unit team, working to implement identified changes to manufacturing processes, techniques, fixtures/tools, and elimination of re-work to allow for more efficient production of parts.
- Assesses changes required in the production of parts and develops ways to sustain and continuously improve all implemented ideas.
- Determines best practices/processes to improve workmanship, productivity and efficiency of operators on the floor.
- Looks for areas of constraint, production slowing issues and makes suggestions to speed up processes and production.
- Refers all quality issues to Production Engineering for further review.
- May assist Production engineering in problem solving of quality issues as it relates to the manufacturing or processing of a part.
- Establish and maintain the Lean Manufacturing program. Systems must be implemented in conjunction with department supervisors.
- Eliminate waste and elevate the productivity using Lean Manufacturing program.
- Collect the standard times, tabulate the data and coordinate with production control to input the new standards in the system, review and modify the shop routers accordingly in conjunction with the Engineering and Quality Control departments.
- Prepare manufacturing plans (route sequence) BOM’s and coordinate changes with Quality Assurance.
- Ability to cooperate, work effectively and professionally with all levels in the organization, both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance at work.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Ensures all processes are accurately defined and maintained.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Chemical Engineering)
- Experience: 1-2 years or relevant work experience in manufacturing environment. Preference to Investment Casting Experience
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High level of mechanical aptitude, lean manufacturing knowledge, systematic problem solving or Root Cause Analysis experience.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Able to take action in solving problems with exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Leadership and Teamwork: Able to complete projects by facilitating effective team work and empowering employees to understand, own, and control the process.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs