Dept: Information Technology
The IT Software Developer’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications and to maintain or improve existing software applications in support of fulfilling business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software scripts, interfaces, programs, and applications. The Software Developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the development life cycle.
- Collaborate with the applications development team in conceptualizing and development of business software applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of business software requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of software and systems end-users.
- Acts as a technical resource to the Operations, Engineering, and Quality groups to support and deliver technical services and data-driven solutions to resolve manufacturing issues and improve operational performance.
- Actively collaborates as a team member in a cross-functional work team environment to develop process improvement solutions in collaboration with Operations, Engineering, Quality, and Information Technology.
- Supports Information Technology/Operations Technology standards adoption and implementation across the enterprise.
- Develops custom applications that integrate elements of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, data manipulation, machine controls/telemetry and networking infrastructure and that enhance manufacturing performance and decision making.
- Analyzes systems and integrates computing hardware, software, data, operational processes, and industrial controls systems to design solutions to address enterprise projects.
- Develops requirements and design documents to support creation of integrated software solutions.
- Supports custom applications throughout the product lifecycle and enforces configuration management, change control, and security protocols.
- Develops project plans, work estimates, and status updates to facility stakeholders.
- Performs troubleshooting and root cause analysis to effectively resolve business software issues and deliver sustainable solutions in collaboration with facility technical peers.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, database administrators, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of legacy company applications as necessary.
- Design, run, and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Strong software development and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to analyze manufacturing systems and design custom improvement solutions.
- Ability to define deliverables and manage projects through completion.
- Background in SQL Server, SSRS, ASP.NET and HTML required
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Familiarity with software code control practices.
- Experience working with distributed and remote technical teams
- Proven history of creating effective support documentation
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years' application development experience.
- Experience with multiple programming languages (C++, C#, Java) and SQL data manipulation (queries, T-SQL.)
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills with controls systems and associated programming preferred.
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs