Casting Engineer (Development Engineer)
A Casting Engineer is responsible for establishing a process to produce castings that meet the metallurgical and dimensional requirements of internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishing a process to produce castings that meet the metallurgical and dimensional requirements of internal and external customers.
- Key metrics include individual part scrap and rework performance, part profitability, part lead time, and outgoing quality performance.
- Must be able to analyze data using statistical tools, prepare technique cards/work instructions, review and analyze drawing requirements, review and disposition CMM reports, and make recommended cause and corrective actions to improve part performance in metrics listed above.
- Must be a US citizen with ability to travel both domestically and abroad.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work well with production employees, supervisors, managers and customers.
- Excellent math skills and proficient with use of statistical analysis tools.
- Proficient in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- High degree of organizational skills.
- Able to work effectively and simultaneously on numerous projects.
- Working knowledge of the use of close-tolerance, manual and automatic measuring equipment.
- B.S. degree in engineering or related field, or 6-10 years of professional work experience in lieu of degree, or a combination of education and work experience required.
- On-the-job computer experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Access and a familiarity with modern CAD programs (Solidworks, NX, Catia, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate but the employee will be exposed to higher noise levels when required to be in manufacturing areas. The individual may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, machinery, and vehicles when in the manufacturing areas.
- Must be flexible with schedule.
- Overtime as needed.
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs