Consolidated Precision Products (CPP)- Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Aircraft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry which has been in business for over 70 years. We are currently looking for a Dimensional Engineer to develop robust processes and tooling to support the company’s growth in the industrial and aerospace investment casting markets. CPP – Syracuse is located in Chittenango, NY and employs over 200 employees.
The selected candidate will be responsible for problem solving, the concepts, and tools of problem solving are essential to the job. Engineers will be required to: identify/define problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement solutions to problems that affect yield, rework, and overall quality of the product using a standardized approach (PDCA, Six-Sigma…). Knowledge and application of statistics. Occasionally take a leadership role in resolving cross-functional problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Develop, maintain, and teach “best practice” investment casting procedures and practices.
- Responsible for the construction of all dies (shrink factor analysis), gages, and support tooling needed to produce and inspect cores, wax patterns, and castings.
- Responsible for control of dimensional quality of casting. Continuous improvement of process/product such that the castings meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Strong working knowledge of GD&T
- Able to interpret customer drawings, specifications, blueprints, models (CAD/NX), and layout reports.
- BS in Engineering or 3-5 years of applicable experience (investment casting, tooling design, and CAD [preferably NX] experience).xcel
CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations.
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs