Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is currently seeking a Material Handler to join our team on 1st shift, 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM. This role reports to the Warehouse Supervisor at our plant in Everett, Washington and is considered a critical member of the CPP-Everett team, working closely with the team to manufacture aerospace components as per drawing. This is a great opportunity in a growth-oriented company that has been in business for over 100 years! CPP offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes a bonus program that is paid quarterly, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, paid vacation & holidays, including safety boots and many opportunities to pick up overtime shifts.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain inventory by measuring, identifying, labeling, and placing material and supplies into inventory. Input Data and record locations of inventory in Epicor
- Verify material availability or need to be purchased Locate materials & supplies from purchase orders and issues them to appropriate work orders per Time Phase requirements
- Set up and operate saws to cut, trim material and work pieces according to work instructions and drawings
- Move materials as instructed by manager/supervisor. Typically performed by carrying, pushing, rolling or operating hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, motorized conveyors or other material handling equipment
- Promptly reports any operational problems or safety issues with machinery, tools or equipment to Lead or Supervisor
- Load and Unload trucks manually or with fork lift while following safe operating procedures.
- Works in Epicor to issue materials & move transactions to process order to the next operation
- Able to cycle count parts and document
- Organization, Scheduling, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Process Improvement, Safety Management, Inventory Control, Lifting, Data Entry Skills
- Responsible for housekeeping of the plant area (e.g. sweeping the floor, removing trash, cleaning the machine at the end of the shift, preparing for next shift’s production, and finalizing any paperwork in an accurate, clear, and concise manner)
- Ability to identify materials using tools required
- Communicating with OSM suppliers when they pick up material making sure they receive the proper products and helping our drivers to locate the proper jobs to be sent out
- Set up and run water jet as needed
- Additional duties ay be required and assigned
- In order to comply with U.S. government regulations applicable to this position, all applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or a “protected individual”, as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Forklift certification preferred
- Ability to manually lift 50 + lbs required
- 0-2 years of experience in a similar environment with similar equipment
- Forklift experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of basic math and inventory techniques
- Basic computer skill set required
- Planning/Organizing: Must be very organized and able to prioritize multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, able to maintain focus despite numerous interruptions
- Behavior/Work Management Skills: Employee must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities and shifting time requirements. Must be able to promote a participative, team oriented environment, working with customers, all employees, vendors and others in a professional and respectful manner. Must be able to work independently and efficiently.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information in English and respond to questions from groups of employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Adaptability: Adapt to change; React well under pressure; Manage competing priorities.
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Work well in-group problem solving situations.
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs