CPP Cudahy is looking for an energetic, team oriented staff accountant to join our team!
This role is responsible for full cycle accounts Receivable management. Processing customer invoices through coordination with shipping , data assurance, customer service, and quality. Distribution of invoices to the customer via mail/email/customer portal, Full charge responsibility of administrating all credit and collections activities.
- Process all plant's A/P direct voucher invoices, expense reimbursements including company credit cards.
- Prepares weekly cash forecast for cash calls; Issue credits for all RMA’s.
- Prepares month-end journals, A/P accruals, prepaids, property taxes etc..
- Assist controller during month-end close- account analysis reconciliations, month-end journal, A/P accruals for misc. invoices, and OP cost, deferred revenues etc..
- Review and maintain revenue recognition exception reports. Work with shipping and data assurance to ensure 100% compliance.
- Review and process temp labor on a weekly basis. In addition prepare accrual entry at month-end.
- Create PO’s for billable tooling and maintain required documentation for upload in Share Point. If needed prepare journal entry expenses for tooling billed.
- Prepare daily/weekly/MTD productivity report along with absorption. Analyze/maintain time standards changes, product cost structure etc.. BOM updates. Handle/maintain daily PL Ops report for GM. Will work closely with supervisors and team leaders
- A/P functions -Work with Ariane/Debbie/Karen Camp to ensure invoices are being processed in a timely manner.
- Review/approve all CPP quotes for reasonableness in tiered pricing as well as review cost-labor and materials.
- Account Reconciliations and analysis of prepaids, accounts payable, accrued expenses,
- Daily bridging of invoices and cash posting.
- Prepare weekly collection/cash reports.
- On a weekly basis analyze A/R aging and send reminders via email to customers whose accounts are past due. Resolve all A/R credits and all A/R issues holding customer payments.
- On a weekly basis update “working capital west” spreadsheet for group controller. Participate in biweekly conference calls on past due accounts.
- Respond to customer inquiries within 24 hrs. while maintaining and building working relationships.
- Perform reconciliations of accounts receivable transactions, research and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain customer master files, ensuring all data are current and accurate.
- Month-end –Post A/R system entry. Prepare all month-end reports for A/R. Prepare journal entry to update A/R reserves. Tie out accounts receivable aging by due date to the ledger and resolve any discrepancies.
- Upload all account recs in Share Point on a monthly basis
- Review and reconcile customer statements and proposed to controller adjustments needed.
- Manage Sales & Use Tax & Capital Equipment Tax and refund process.
- Maintain new tooling spreadsheet. Cost of new tools from pattern shops and sales dollars as shown in age
- Review Bill of Lading and other supporting detail received, follow up on issues & questions, and reconcile discrepancies
- Distribute invoices to customers, through appropriate channel (i.e. email, portals, mail, etc.)
- Provide supporting documentation for audits as requested.
- Back up to Purchasing assistant - PO creation for materials and supplies for operations team as well as closing PO’s.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changes.
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Corp. Finance.
Use industry knowledge, soft skills and technical abilities to effectively support executive management and other colleagues in assessing and improving the organization’s finances. Skills and qualification include:
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations and best practices;
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail;
- Proficient with data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficient in basic office and accounting software programs;
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or other relevant area
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Microsoft Office, Prefer experience with ERP systems, preferably QAD/MFG Pro 8.6 or newer
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs