Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for an experienced Automation Engineer to join our team! This position reports to the Engineering Manager at our plant in Chittenango, NY. The Automation Engineer’s function is to provide engineering support to the Facilities group, troubleshoot PLC control problems, advace the state of program development and management, and work with team members in developing new methods of manufacturing in the casting industry. Develop and improve manufacturing processes through application of automated equipment. Develop an automated method to keep all equipment and computer programs upgraded and current. Work with the Maintenance personnel to understand the root cause of automation-related failures. Develop within the Maintenance department a basic understanding of higher-level automation troubleshooting.
Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of computer programming and software development.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests.
- Possesses creative thinking skills and is a detail-oriented personality.
- Can communicate well to other members of the development team.
- Works with cross functional teams to develop new control methods, giving Operations what is needed.
- Interprets controls needs of mechanical designs.
- Assure automation standard for new equipment.
- Research supplier products for the best fit for an existing problem.
- Assist Production engineering in problem solving of quality issues as it relates to controls capability.
- Eliminate waste and elevate the productivity using Lean Manufacturing program.
- Participate in the startup of new equipment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (BSEE or BS-Mechatronics preferred)
- Experience: 5+ years’ work experience in manufacturing environment. Preference to Investment Casting Experience.
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- PLC and HMI programming is preferred. Rockwell Software preferred.
- Ignition is a must. Configuring and designing HMI/SCADA systems is preferred. Python a plus.
- Familiar with Motion Control and Vision. Robot experience is a plus. Fanuc preferred.
- SQL server database maintenance and queries is a must. MSSQL preferred.
With nineteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal (DS/SC) castings, investment casting (super alloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. We are an AS9100 registered company. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs