If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The Buyer reports to the Purchasing Manager, and is responsible for supporting and strategically directing the procurement of supplies and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and processes daily purchase requisitions with a focus on providing consistent internal customer service; provides timely response to requests and expedites as required.
- Reviews purchase orders for proper authorization and compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Assures all requirements and special terms and conditions are clearly defined and met by the supplier.
- Assists requesting parties with researched information and procurement alternatives.
- Works to support processes and provide cost savings in coordination with all departments.
- Partners with approved suppliers; develops relationships to support the procurement process.
- Contributes to the success of vendor performance tracking and reporting.
- Facilitates meetings with suppliers and plant personnel.
- Participates in supplier negotiations with approved vendors, prepares bidding documents, and discusses pricing, payment terms and freight arrangements. Collaborates with CPP Corporate partners on consolidated contract and service efforts.
- Ensures Maintenance contractors have provided a Certificate of Liability Insurance, as required. Maintains database of this information.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Commonly used supply chain concepts, terms, practices and procedures.
- Process improvement in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Proficient operation of computing systems, including Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Operation of enterprise software, such as Visual and/or Syteline preferred.
- Manage high-volume workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Effectively learn new software.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- At least two years of purchasing experience in an industrial setting is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate but the employee will be exposed to higher noise levels when required to be in manufacturing areas. The individual may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, machinery, and vehicles when in the manufacturing areas.
- Travel required in the local Albany, Oregon area between facilities.
- As a federal government contractor, Pacific Cast Technologies, Inc. has restrictions for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when working in applicable areas within the plant.
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs