Process Technician - Metal Planner & Formulator
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The Metal Planner and Formulator is responsible for managing titanium metal process streams from purchased and internal revert to ingot meeting customer specifications for elements such as aluminum, vanadium, tin, zirconium, etc.
Ingot is used to VAR melt and cast complex shapes that are part of a mission critical aerospace and defense titanium supply chain.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create specific formulations for each melt to meet specifications based on input metal elemental properties
- Create long and short term strategic plans to optimize use of the available input titanium materials on hand to create a quality product
- Create supply and demand tables and charts to coordinate with production and purchasing to meet inventory and production targets
- Assist with logistics in moving and consuming Ti metal between our sites
- Provide forecast information to revert processors
- Continuously improve our process through creative and structured ideas, and through leading and/or assisting with root cause and corrective actions
- Review incoming material chemistry and approve for use, and disposition non-conformances as appropriate
- Qualify new metal sources and customer approvals as needed
- Perform physical inventory counts of materials as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to use Excel for simple and moderately complex chemistry analysis and supply/demand planning.
- Able to interface with supply chain demand data and maintain spreadsheet information to drive actions to production and purchasing.
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and charting experience required.
- Must have high-school level math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Good attendance record required.
- Able to work as a team player and be self-motivated.
- Able to read, interpret, and create the appropriate action to follow internal and external specifications.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Two plus years experience in similar role preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- The job is performed under reasonably good working conditions with some exposure to noise, temperature, and machinery.
- Day Shift
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs