Perform all required duties related to chemical and physical testing on samples of alloys, weld wires or other process materials for purposes of meeting customer specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Verify incoming material to A-Code specifications.
- Generating travelers for new master heats of alloy and expediting the workflow of test specimens to ensure best possible turnaround time.
- Sending samples to heat treat, and outside labs, (FedEx).
- Operation of ARL spectrometer for the purpose of performing chemical analysis of alloys.
- Operation of lathe for the purpose of machining test bars.
- Perform room temperature tensile testing.
- Coordinate and control the requests for outside laboratory testing.
- Create service requests for outside testing of materials.
- Reads and interprets customer specifications, industry standards, quality control documents and work instructions.
- Manages all material data, forms, reports, testing, and communication, as directed by the appropriate work instruction, both hard copy and computer based.
- Maintain test bar banks and record keeping for all master heats of alloy released.
- Education: A minimum of a high school diploma with a good mathematical and chemical background. AS in Material Science preferred.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years related manufacturing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 2 years of Alloy related experience preferred.
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs