Support the zero-injury safety culture of the plant. Conduct tests and inspects working areas, machinery, equipment and working conditions for compliance with OSHA regulations. Conduct safety training on a wide variety of topics in accordance with OSHA and plant standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and supervise occupational health and safety programs and processes.
- Develop and provide training and instructions. Ensure that training materials are aligned with plant standards and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate the impact of emerging issues, regulations, and legislation to company operations.
- Develop corrective action plan to respond to internal/external audits and inspections.
- Ensure the availability, readiness, and proper use of required accident prevention procedures, safety and fire prevention equipment, protective clothing, devices, and first aid supplies.
- Maintain records of safety inspections and training; maintain inventory of safety and fire equipment and devices.
- Conduct risk assessment and hazard abatement meetings.
- Investigate injuries and incidents using root cause analysis methods. Recommend, track, and follow up to verify the implementation of corrective actions.
- Offer coaching for corrections and adjust training as needed to drive continual improvement of safety compliance.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to improve overall training/competency process; schedule and coordinate training resources on a routine basis.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a safety-related field (Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Toxicology, Bio-Engineering, Public Health, etc.). Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must be a US person.
- 3+ years of experience performing Occupational Safety and/or Industrial Hygiene duties, performing health and safety risk assessments, developing, and managing safety programs, and performing audits in an industrial environment.
- GSP (General Safety Professional), ASP (Associate), CSP (Certified) or CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist).
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with addressing occupational health and safety hazards related to foundries.
- Experience with hazardous energy control programs.
- Experience developing and implementing process improvements.
- Written and verbal communication skills with employees and agency representatives at all levels.
- Leadership experience, leading teams, or projects to successful completion.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs