Consolidated Precision Products (CPP), a manufacturer of highly complex aerospace castings is seeking a Controller to join the team at our plant in the City of Industry, CA location. As the Controller, you’ll monitor the company’s financial status, review quarterly and annual budgets and manage accounting transactions. We are looking for a motivated and driven individual that can drive execution in a diverse, challenging environment.
Primary Purpose: :
To oversee and own effective finance and accounting processes and to ensure that all financial statements, reports, and analysis are both accurate and timely for the Site. To support site leaders of other business functions, particularly the General Manger, with financial analysis, forecasting, and communicating the financial impact of business decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities: :
- Oversee the data integrity of all financial controls, including but not limited to product costing, general ledger, and balance sheet. Lead the functions of the monthly closing cycle and review general ledger input and reported results.
- Develop, analyze, and interpret accounting and statistical information regarding profitability and performance against budget, and other matters related to financial performance and operating effectiveness of the company.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with both Site personnel as well as Executives regarding the financial performance and expectations of the Site with appropriate levels of detail and confidentiality in consideration of the audience.
- Prepare analysis and support for complex and/or discretionary accounting transactions.
- Plan and coordinate the preparation of the annual budget, quarterly re-forecasts and weekly financial updates.
- Develop and maintain internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as general accounting, budget administration, cash, and credit management.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Operations to identify improvement opportunities and provide continuous feedback of progress to targets.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals.
- Prepare IRR/ROI analysis on Capital projects.
- Ensure financial records are supported by appropriate documentation and workpapers. Assist with audits of company accounts and financial transactions and ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures and current accounting standards.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Oversee site treasury functions.
- Advise corporate leadership of any concerns and address any practices that are in conflict with policy/requirements, thereby avoiding any unexpected financial / legal exposure for CPP.
- Foster development of effective teams, support Continuous Improvement, the use of safe work practices, and commitment to customer satisfaction while respecting corporate policies and processes.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety polices, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work overtime
Minimum Qualifications: :
- Education: B. S. in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience: 5-10 years experience managing financial staff in a manufacturing environment. 3+ years public accounting experience preferred; experience with standard cost accounting preferred.
- Certifications/Licenses: CPA preferred but not required
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of budgeting, planning, standard cost accounting and internal controls. Computer skills essential: Microsoft Office (advanced Excel) and understanding of ERP systems or relational databases. Ability to comprehend broad business issues and accomplish objectives through others. Ability to assess risks and balance costs with benefits.
CPP-City of Industry offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-City of Industry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-City of Industry is as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs