Wax Assembly III
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The Wax Assembler III can perform all Assembler I and II duties efficiently
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans and assembles simple to difficult and complex wax patterns and gating components not introduced in Wax Assembler I and II with torch, hot pencil, and a variety of hand tools
- Participates in accurately inspecting finished assemblies
- Performs sealing assembly of segmented patterns
- Visually inspects patterns for defects prior to performing cleaning/assembling
- Recognizes, understands cause, and repairs defects in wax patterns
- Cleans wax patterns to meet quality specification
- Assists Wax Assembler I and II as required
- Uses scotch-brite, exacto knife, hot pencils and various tools to perform cleaning operation as required
- Follows instructions on technique cards and verbal instructions provided by supervisors and experienced Wax team members
- Accurately codes/serializes numbers on patterns and test material
- Meets and maintains quality requirements while maintaining production quantities
- Is accountable to self and rest of team by demonstrating quality workmanship with minimal rework by using and following standard work practices
- Maintains work station and equipment in a clean, safe and orderly manner, sweeps, scraps floor area daily and performs weekly 5-S
- Respectfully takes direction from lead, trainer, and supervisor
- Other duties as required
- Must pass all training competencies from level I, II, and III or demonstrate capability
- Able to follow written instructions such as per tech cards, routers, and other approved written instructions
- Requires continuous mental and/or visual attention to detail
- Able to use small hand tools throughout the day to clean wax molds
- Able to use a small bandsaw
- Able to use and understand measuring tools such as a ruler
- Good attendance record required
- Must be able to maintain quantity requirements while maintaining quality requirements.
- Able to work as a team player and be self-motivated.
- Able to understand and follow verbal instructions from trainer or supervisor.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at previous or recent employer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- The job is performed under reasonably good working conditions with some exposure to noise, temperature, and machinery.
- Weekend Days (Friday-Sunday 5:00am-5:00pm)
- Overtime available as needed.
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs