General Job Responsibility:
Wax Molder II - Aerospace Industry - Swing Shift
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
Summery: Operate intricate molding machines accurately and efficiently, and prepare dies to proper technique card specification to maintain quality and dimensional integrity of the product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely and efficiently operate all wax press machinery, equipment and related tools.
- Properly clean, handle, and store all wax molding tools and related equipment.
- Read and follow all technique cards and instructions for equipment and tools used in the process.
- Perform cleaning of your work area and equipment.
- Properly identify and document any damage or operational errors.
- Inspect wax patters to ensure quality criteria has been met.
- Accurately document and process all daily daily forms or paperwork associated with the molding process.
- Move tools and equipment into and out of your work station as needed .
- Accurately and efficiently set up and inspect all new and rework tooling.
- Inspect raw materials that are received.
- Safely and efficiently perform leach tank operations as needed.
- Perform all monthly maintenance duties and document as needed.
- Adhere to all company and facility rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties or tasks as required by the management team
- Prepare and position tooling dies for operation and assemble or disassemble as needed
- Add, remove, or change multiple inserts to produce large and intricate parts or part components
- Follow technique card specifications on adding chills/soluble
- Work with others in the facility to improve the tooling techniques and processes within production
- Remove, clean and safely store all tools and equipment after operation.
- Occasionally perform minor repairs on tools, machinery, or other related equipment
- Properly set up all monitors and controls used for the press
- Ensure dies are clean and free of debris before, during, and after the molding process
- Remove wax parts from the die and inspect them for proper dimension and quality standards
- Place the part on the proper fixture to ensure integrity is maintained throughout the part
- Ensure wax supplies are at an adequate level during operations
- Ensure that proper chills/soluble are available to complete the Molding process to create large complex parts (if needed., produce chills/soluble to be used)
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- 1 year prior experience as a molder required.
- Must be able to understand and follow technique cards and to correctly fill in all required information.
- Compliance with general company attendance standard is required.
- Must be able to lift from floor to waist level up to 50 pounds occasionally with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds frequently with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to climb a 7 foot ladder
- Must be able to climb 2-3 steps
- Must be able to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to work as a team player and able to train entry level Molders
- Must be able to concentrate and remain on task in a busy environment.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED preferred, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
- Exposure to fumes from melting wax.
- Working near moving mechanical parts for extended periods of time.
- Twisting and turning of wrist, forearms, and fingers for extended periods of time.
- Requires use of hands to operate controls of mold presses.
- The job is often performed under reasonably good working conditions. Exposure to the above elements is generally not present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Required to wear safety glasses in the performance of duties.
- Swing Shift
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs