Process Water Technician
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
Process Water Treatment Technician will operate, maintain, monitor, and adjust process water treatment operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate acid waste neutralization system including operation of acid transfers via pumps and filter press.
- Perform jar testing and hardness testing to optimize the treatment system.
- Operate Zero Liquid Discharge Water Reclaim system including the operation of a clarifier, sand filters, water softeners, filter press, and Reverse Osmosis (RO).
- Be involved with inventory for wastewater treatment and bulk acids.
- Maintain the hazardous waste, universal waste, and used drum 90-day storage area.
- Work with other departments on acid transfers, triple rinse containers, and various other tasks involving process water treatment
- Assist departments in pumping out satellite oil drums into tank and ensure the area is clean and maintained per SPCC & universal waste regulations.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Environmental Manager
- Move hazardous materials from Shipping and Receiving to designated storage areas.
- Monitor physical conditions listed for compliance in the air emissions permit.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- 1-5 years’ experience in a wastewater treatment or manufacturing plant (preferred).
- Current RCRA hazardous waste, DOT HazMat, and ERT certification (either 40-hour HAZWOPER or 24-Hour Industry Technician Emergency Responder Training) is highly desirable, but not required.
- Good reasoning and problem solving abilities.
- Strong organization skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and environments.
- Motivated self-starters for day-to-day duties.
- Must be able to initiate projects on their own.
- Must be customer-service oriented.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to manipulate material handling devices such as forklifts, drum trucks/dollies, pallet jacks, and hoists.
- Compliance with general company attendance standard is required.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Day Shift (Monday-Thursday 5:00am-3:30pm)
- Overtime is required as needed.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs