At the direction of the Programming Manager, work with Operations, Vendors, Customers, Accounting and Customer Service to ensure products meet on-time delivery (OTD) and budget objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Attend daily production meetings to draft production commitments or timetables using sales forecasts and work in progress (WIP).
- Work with Production Manager to plan production schedule based on available personnel, materials and equipment.
- Review production schedules to determine materials requirements or material priorities.
- Compile and prepare documentation related to production sequences.
- Distribute production schedules to Production Manager, Team Leads and Customer Service.
- Calculate, requisition and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Obtain from vendors the delivery of supplies and raw materials to expedite the flow of materials and meet production schedules.
- Confer with Production Manager to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Enter production documentation into the system.
- Monitor inventory.
- Maintain contact with vendors to stay abreast of product and materials availability and timely delivery.
- Communicate with Production and Customer Service on delays, interruptions, difficulties and reprioritization.
- Revise and distribute production schedules as necessary due to labor or material shortages, backlogs, etc. collaborating with sales and management.
- Create and distribute exception reports: materials, deliveries, schedule adherence.
- Confer with CPP personnel, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Monitor and report on plant compliance with Sales plan.
- Assure that BOM accuracy is maintained by Engineering, who owns the BOM.
- Resolve invoicing issues related to Purchase Orders.
- Run lead time reports, analyze data and share with manager.
- Analyze and publish weekly and monthly on-time delivery statistics for legacy products and new product development.
- Meet with Sales and Customer Service to discuss long-term forecasts (2+ months) and changes.
- Maintain safety stock inventory levels for both finished goods and raw materials.
- Supplier on time delivery: 95%
- Inventory accuracy: 98%
- Adherence to alloy costs vs. standard
- Accurate and timely reports: 100% accuracy; 100% timeliness
- Adherence to plan lead time
KEY RELATIONSHIPS & LEADERSHIP
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Reps
- Corporate leadership
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: Planning/Scheduling Experience. Minimum five (5) years related production experience with at least (3) in a related planner/scheduler/analyst position
- Certifications/Licenses: None
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of applicable products and raw materials. Knowledge of production processes. Excellent organizational and planning skills. Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills. Excellent influencing skills. Strong problem solving skills. Excellent analytical skills. Excellent computer related skills in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Access. Excellent understanding of ERP. Knowledge and skills in Oracle. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong negotiating skills. Strong conflict management skills. Ability to “think outside the box”. Self-starter. Detail oriented. Assertive. Hands on. Results driven. Sense of urgency.
- Working Environment: Office Environment; frequent visits to shop floor
- Physical Demands: Sitting/Standing for extended periods of time, able to lift up to 20lbs. Extended periods of time using a computer screen. Extended periods of time using a keyboard.
- Travel Requirements: up to 10%
- Required PPE: Check for required PPE in areas you may be working in
- Safety Glasses: Needed in all areas of the plant.
- Steel toe shoes: Needed in all areas of the plant.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs