Titanium Investment Casting Operator - Aerospace - Weekend Grave Shift
YOUR CAREER CAN TAKE OFF IN THE AEROSPACE INDUSTRY!
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings and components for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
Titanium investment casting is a manufacturing process that uses titanium, making an exact replica shape of an item. Melted titanium is poured into a wax pattern mold. Special ceramic material is then coated in the wax pattern mold and left to dry and harden. The mold is heated to let the wax melt and come out. The ceramic shell becomes an investment mold. Liquefied titanium is added into the mold and cooled. The mold is then knocked off to reveal the replica.
This operator runs and maintains the titanium casting furnace to produce castings or ingots.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates and maintains titanium casting furnace.
- MIG weld electrodes to be used for the casting process.
- Complete all tracking and documentation as required.
- Adhere to all department and company procedures and policies.
- Load molds in burnout ovens.
- Train casting helpers.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Participate in safety improvement through observations and teamwork improvement events.
- Be accountable for working safely by following all safety rules and safe work practices.
- Meets established production rates consistent with quality expectations.
- Assists with general departmental clean-up which may include sweeping and shoveling of debris.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to perform basic arithmetic.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Production operation experience preferred.
- MIG Welding experience helpful.
- Must be able to use and understand basic computer functions.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Must take a base line hearing test prior to starting.
- U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- The job is performed under reasonably good working conditions with some exposure to, noise, temperature, and machinery.
- Weekend Grave Shift (3x12 Friday - Sunday)
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs