Consolidated Precision Products (CPP)- Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Aircraft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry which has been in business for over 70 years. We are currently looking for a Gating Engineer to develop robust processes and tooling to support the company’s growth in the industrial and aerospace investment casting markets. CPP – Syracuse is located in Chittenango, NY and employs over 250 employees.
The selected candidate will be responsible for problem solving, the concepts, and tools of problem solving are essential to the job. Engineers will be required to: identify/define problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement solutions to problems that affect yield, rework, and overall quality of the product using a standardized approach (PDCA, Six-Sigma…). Knowledge and application of statistics. Occasionally take a leadership role in resolving cross-functional problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Participate in milestone development on new projects / programs and provide regular status updates. Manage projects as needed to qualify parts within original committed time frames.
- Develop cost effective gating and other processes required to produce and control the metallurgical and NDT integrity of product assuring it satisfies customer requirements using DOE's and other types of statistical tools.
- Develop and maintain overall operational sequences for part manufacture in conjunction with Administrative, Dimensional, Quality, and NDT disciplines.
- Knowledge and skilled in using CAD tools
- Knowledge of solidification modeling
- Establish and maintain effective communication with multidiscipline team.
- Develop part work instructions for Wax Assembly, Shell, Mold Prep, Cast, Weld, Heat Treat, HIP, and other process related operations.
- Work with and train shop floor personnel in regard to understanding work instructions, developing work techniques, process improvements, and reduction in executional variation.
- Provide technical support to Sales during part quotations and the review of drawings, specifications, and purchase orders for assigned products. Provide customer with input relative to design and part specification criteria, lead times, and producibility improvements.
- BS in Manufacturing, Materials, Ceramics, Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Other engineering disciplines may be considered based on previous work experience.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), PC skills and program management skills.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and documentation skills.
- Proven success in process improvements using mathematical and statistical problem-solving techniques to identify process variations in manufacturing processes with many contributing variables.
- The successful candidate’s career will show increasing levels of responsibility.
- Motivated individual with data driven problem solving techniques.
CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations.
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs